Friday, July 27, 2007

creep

After 6 years working in a job that I love, I'll be posted out real soon. I took some leave not to travel overseas but to catch up with some old friends and hobbies.

The lipstick pink electric was rusty and needed restringing. I went to a guitar shop near my place called EBENEX. The guitar technician used to be with YAMAHA. There was no conscious decision to use him. It was only after he set it up and told me that his name was Beez and used to be with YAMAHA, that everything clicked. He was the guy who sold the guitar to me in 94. It was my 21st birthday present from my father who stood outside the combi shop disapproving of the purchase but buying it anyway.

It was coming back full circle 13 years later.

I've been a but queasy about starting in a new work place. Adjusting to the new job will only add to the white hairs on your head. Is it too melodramatic to contemplate the end of life even before the new job has begun?

In the meantime, I'm driving everyone nuts squacking along to a very bad cover of Creep by Radiohead whose lyrics have more emo-resonance in mid life than in yoof. I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. I don't belong here.

5 Comments:

Blogger imp said...

Creep is evergreen! and it still rocks. so u can't quake that bad. (",)

good luck for the new posting!

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I think I remember Beez. At Plaza Sing right?

He suggested I play Bass because he could not find a left-handed guitar for me. ;)

Oh yes, does that mean we get to see you singing Wild Wild West in Chinese on YouTube?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks Imp! You have to hear me sing, then you know what I mean.

Hur hur Ivn.You remember the WWW in mandarin. It was him alright from plaza sing. I was quite in awe.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole car was singing with you when you performed it!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know of many guys who has not made Creep his life's anthem at one time or the other during their teenage life.

Always thought it's more convicing sung by a guy though, esp the 'running out' part.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home