Friday, March 09, 2007

Two

I kept rewriting Alix's birthday post because i couldnt express just how proud I was about her turning two without boring the internet with my gushiness.

But here it is.

We made our way to her toddler class on Alix's birthday. Two years ago, the same party of people accompanied me when I got admitted to hospital for her delivery. First Shane, then Alix, bonded us all together in this baby love. Holding video cams and phone cameras, the paparazzi of loyal fans focus all attention on Alix.



We went at 3 pm just as she roused from her afternoon nap. The teachers set the table into an afternoon tea setting for 8 tots. She looked absolutely regal when we entered the classroom. She sat upright in her chair with a paper crown on her head. She knew what we were here for. After we sang the birthday song, she insisted on cutting the cake by herself.


The simple celebration in her nursery brought together the primary core of people who have supported me as Alix has grown including (but not limited to) my bro and Elaine, Grace and her teachers, June and Fiona.

Teacher Fiona gave Alix a soft toy rabbit. It is not the daycare norm for teachers to give birthday presents. But this is how much she loves Alix.


Happy birthday Alix! Truly madly deeply, we all love you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

i must say shane really looks like gary. but i still can't figure out who alix looks like.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alix is two years old? How fast. I thought I only read about your post about her being a baby not too long ago...

Happy birthday girl! And may you have sweet dreams every night!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

cm - my mother in law?
ses - Thanks :)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

huh? you really think that alix looks like your m-i-l?

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home