Friday, March 30, 2007

romancing kopi tiam

At the junction of Crane and Onan road, is an old coffee shop. It has been my regular breakfast spot since 1999 when I first moved into Joo Chiat.





I like getting there while its still dark. Spreading out my straits time and teh peng, waiting for the roti prata to get done just the way I like it. Crispy.



All sorts of people trundle there at 6 in the morning. The newspaper vendor and the old man still wearing his pyjamas.





I found out when Gary and I first started dating that he doesn't really eat. If left alone for an entire day he wouldn't eat a single morsel of food. The first meal of the day would be the dinner that I tar pow over to him. But since the crayolas arrived, he makes it a point to go with me to the coffee shop no matter how sleepy he is. He doesn't even fancy prata. But he will do it because it is the only time of the day when we can spend time together without the crayolas.




Sometimes, I see my gym instructor there and we look guiltily at each other because we are both having prata for breakfast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

so romantic huh... eat prata under the fluorescent lights of a coffeeshop.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

I'm sure the ah pek wouldn't be too happy if he knew you had taken a picture of him in his PJs.. HA

2:27 AM  
Blogger imp said...

it's lovely to sit down during that quiet hour. i think u feel so much closer to your hubby! and he's so sweet to accompany you too. bonding time!!!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Cm - Very cheap to upkeep romance this way. As for the ah pek, he didn't seem bothered. Maybe he thinks I like him and since we're always there at the same time, I am stalking him...

The imp - yup. My favourite times of the day are twilight (just before it gets dark) and dusk (before the sun comes out).

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home