Friday, October 06, 2006

Back to the Future

I have not owned a personal computer for the past 10 years. But all that has changed the last week.

Since broadband has entered my life, the next step was clear. We would get a home computer. One of those machines which bring the INTERNET into your life.

In my past few weeks, my computer vocabulary has expanded. I can tell you the composite parts – processor, hard drive, power supply, dvd writer, monitor, keyboard. I know Apple from Dell, Intel from AMD.

It was very confusing and I felt like a person popped out from a 1995 time capsule into the future. In the end, I went down to Sim Lim with my brother Herbert who helped me pick out something at a shop which completely intimidated me.

I’ve been bugging Herbert to get the OS quickly installed so that I can get my hands on my new baby. He gets irritated when I hurry him “You’re like a kid you know!”

But that’s how it is, when you get a new toy.

2 Comments:

Blogger A cupcake or two said...

Yay for you!!!! Looking forward to more posts from home now. Heehee.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Tiff-I am replying to your comment from home!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home